The rules and regulations are in relation to the event - 'Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Drivers 2016'
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
Contestants for the 'Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Drivers 2016' should satisfy the following criteria:
- Contestant must be an Indian citizen.
- This competition is open to individuals aged between 18 and 30 with a valid driving license.
- Holders of learners' license are ineligible for entry.
DISQUALIFICATION OF CONTESTANTS
- Autocar India may, at its discretion, disqualify participation or take any other action that it may deem fit, if:
- In the event of it not being possible to conduct a verification of the contestant, for any reason beyond its control.
- If at any point during the event, it is found / proved that any information submitted by the contestant(s) is untrue.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of Autocar India, on a case-by-case basis, which shall be final and binding.
PHASE 1 - ONLINE THEORY TEST
- Contestants who wish to take part in the contest will have to fill in their first name, last name, a valid e-mail id, contact number, their date of birth, and city. Alternatively, one can also register via Facebook or Twitter. Upon validating the registration, the contestants will be allowed to take the Online Theory Test.
- The Online Theory Test will comprise of 10 questions on safety + Spot the Safety Hazard Quiz. The total score of these marks will be 20.
- Closing date for the first phase of the competition is midnight 28th Feb 2017. All contestants should complete the test before the closing date. Entries received this date onwards will be selected at the sole discretion of Autocar India and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
- Top 1000 contestants in each zone who score the highest in the Online Theory Test, in combination of the least time taken to do so will be eligible to take part in phase 2 of the contest.
PHASE 2 - SKILL TEST
- Contestants who qualify for phase 2 will be intimated via e-mail or sms, on the basis of the information provided by them at the time of registration.
- Autocar India or its allied agencies will not be responsible in case the information provided by the contestants is incorrect or invalid. It is in the contestant's interest to ensure the information provided is accurate and valid.
- The skill test will be held at various Maruti Driving Schools across India. If you are selected you will be notified by email and sms and you will need to book a slot for yourself.
- The contestants will be allowed to choose a location and time of their choice (both subject to availability) to take the skill test at the nearest Maruti Driving School.
- All contestants who make it to phase 2 will be required to carry their valid drivers' license and residence proof (for e.g. latest electricity bill, telephone bill, voter ID, passport and/or ration card) to the Maruti Driving Schools.
- All costs pertaining to the skill test with regards to transportation and/ or accommodation to take part in the test will be borne solely by the contestants.
- Top 30 contestants will be chosen by a select panel of judges from Maruti Suzuki & Autocar India to be further shortlisted into the finals. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
- The judges shall have the final decision to increase or decrease the number of contestants selected for the finals.
The selected 30 contestants will have to undergo verification and validation of the information furnished by them on this website conducted by an agency appointed by Maruti Suzuki Limited. The contestants will be required to cooperate in this regard.
PHASE 3 - SEMI FINALS
- Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Drivers 2016 grand finale will be held in Delhi.
- Travel to Delhi from contestants' nearest airport, food and accommodation will be paid for by the organizers.
- Auditions will take place to determine the final winner.
- This will be followed by dinner and prize distribution.
- The grand prize for the competition will be the Maruti Suzuki Swift, which can be collected from the local dealer in the winner’s locality. The winner will pay for registration and insurance of the vehicle. All applicable taxes for the car as a gift will have to be borne by the winner.
- Organizer's decision is final and binding, no further correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative will be offered in lieu of the grand prize. The organizers reserve the right to provide a prize of similar value at their discretion, should the main prize become unavailable.
- The organizers reserve the right to moderate the rules any time prior to the event, if deemed to be in the best interest of the contestants. Employees and immediate relatives of Autocar India, Maruti Suzuki and Circus Tree (and all parties associated with the contest) will not be considered eligible for the prizes.
MSIL will gift the car to the winner only at the ex showroom price of the car. The RTO charges, insurance, handling charges etc will have to be borne by the winner. The winner will have to pay this amount to the dealer by cash / cheque / dd etc . The winner will not get any consumer scheme on the vehicle (if applicable). The winner will also have to pay for any accessories fitment on the car (if he / she wants some), which is not coming as a standard fitment with the car.
Tax is to be paid on the gifted amount of the vehicle. The gifted amount is the ex showroom price of the vehicle in the city where delivery is to be taken. This tax (which is 30% of the ex-showroom price of the car) is to be paid at any SBI branch to the Government under section 194 (b) of the Income Tax Act.
- While all efforts will be made to follow the above timelines, however, in the event of circumstances beyond the control of the organizers, these timelines may need to be altered at the discretion of the organizers Maruti Suzuki India Limited & Autocar India, which shall be final and binding.
- The organizers Maruti Suzuki India & Autocar India and its sub-contractors cannot and shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the event or its ceremony on account of any factors beyond its control.
- Neither Autocar India nor any of its associate agencies will be held liable for any harm, casualty, mishap or death of any of the contestants or any of his/ her friends or family members. Neither the contestant nor any of his/ her family members will sue Autocar India, Maruti Suzuki or its associated agencies or the directors, employees, officer etc. All finalists will be expected to sign an indemnity bond (in the format provided by the organisers) inter alia stating the same.
- Event management and organizers shall not be held liable in the event of injury or any physical or mental harm caused to the contestant or even death during the course of the event. All contestants participate at their own risk.
- Involvement in the selection process and participation is entirely at contestant's own risk. Maruti Suzuki or Autocar India shall not be held responsible or accountable to any of the contestants, for any loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, en route while coming to the venue of selection event or while attending selection event or while participating in the selection event and for which the contestant will be required to sign an indemnity in favour of Maruti Suzuki & Autocar India, in the format provided at the time of the event. The contestant agrees to defend and hold harmless Maruti Suzuki & Autocar India and its nominees and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and/or any other agencies or individuals connected with Maruti Suzuki & Autocar India, 'Young Drivers 2016' in any manner, from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, in any way arising out of or resulting from the contestants' involvement in the selection process.
- Neither Maruti Suzuki nor Autocar India or any of its associate agencies will be responsible for any accident(s)/mishap(s) to any of the contestants that might occur during this campaign and impact any third parties or members of the public, or any other contestant. The contestant hereby agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India against any claims for expenses, damages or any other payments of any kind, including but not limited to that arising from his/her actions or omissions or arising from any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts. Event management shall not be responsible for any wrong conduct / misbehaviour of the contestants amongst themselves or with any other person in public. Maruti Suzuki, Autocar India or any of the agencies connected with "Young Drivers 2016" shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/ flights/ cars arranged for the contestants due to any reason including but not limited to force majeure, logistical problems at the airports/ railway stations/ roads etc and the contestant shall not have any claim against Maruti Suzuki, Autocar India or any of the agencies connected with "Young Drivers 2016" for the same and shall be deemed to have availed of his/her prize. Maruti Suzuki or any of the agencies connected with Young Drivers 2016 shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and the contestant undertakes not to claim any compensation from the Maruti Suzuki, Autocar India or any of the agencies connected with "Young Drivers 2016" for the same.
- Participation in the event is not transferrable. Contestants will need to appear and participate in person for the event and shall not be represented by any third party. Failure to be present for the event, for any reason whatsoever, shall result in the disqualification of such contestant from the event.
- Contestants must be of good moral character and not be under the influence or habit of any medication, drugs, alcohol or other psychotropic substance which may impair your ability to participate in the event. Use of any prohibited substances could lead to disqualification.
- Any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour on the part of the contestants will result in immediate exclusion from the selection process.
- Employees and the family members of Maruti Suzuki, Autocar India and its associate companies, its advertising and promotional agencies and all agencies connected with Young Drivers 2016 are not eligible to participate in this event.
- Organizers of "Young Drivers 2016" may at their discretion decide on the eligibility of the contestant to participate in the contest. Their decision will be final and binding. Rights of admission into the contest are reserved solely by the organizers of "Young Drivers 2016".
- The contestant hereby represents that he/she does not have any medical conditions which have not been brought to the attention of the event management which could affect the participation of the contestant.
- Contestants who are of unsound mind, physically or mentally handicapped in a manner, have any history of heart disease, high blood pressure or any such related problems, are pregnant or have any such disease that could render such contestant incapable of participating in the event, shall not be permitted to participate at the event such as rally, at the discretion of the organizers.
- All contestants shall maintain decorum and shall abide by the rules and regulations thereof. Further the instructions of the event management shall be adhered to strictly. Any contestant who acts in contravention to the instructions of the event management or creating nuisance either to the event management or the other contestant or generally in and around the venue of the audition shall immediately be disqualified from participating in the auditions and shall be escorted outside the audition venue.
- The decision of the organizers in connection with the event including but not limited to short listing the contestants will be final and binding and is non-contestable. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the event at any time, with retrospective effect, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / contestant / nominee may suffer as a result of the event being withdrawn or its terms amended. The organizers reserve the right to decide the criteria of the audition, at any time at their own discretion and without any prior notice and without assigning any reason. All disputes relating to Young Drivers 2016 shall be subject to the laws of India and at the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai only. Participation in the event will be construed as an acceptance of the rules and regulations stated herein and submission of the online form will indicate their acceptance of these terms and conditions. The organizers may, at its discretion abandon, cancel or postpone the event in case of force majeure. If at any time, including after disbursement of award funds, any information submitted by the contestant is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented, the contestant(s) shall be liable to refund all amounts received from Maruti Suzuki.
- If at any time, any information provided by any contestant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the contestant will not be permitted to continue participation in the event.
- If after the conclusion of the award ceremony, any information provided by any contestant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the contestant will be liable to return the award provided to the contestant under this award, if any.
- Determination of whether information is incorrect or not rests with Autocar India.
- Autocar India has the right to ask for proof of information provided/ audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the contestant does not comply, the contestant could be disqualified from participation at the event.
- Participation in any aspect of the event indicates acceptance of the contestants to all rules and regulations and amendments from time to time if any.
- The organizers of the event are empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present regulations.
- Non conformity with the rules and regulations by any contestant will lead to immediate exclusion from the event.